Monday, October 22, 2012

Review & Swatches! My very first Tarte Blush in Dollface

Hello all! Today I have a review for the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Blush in Dollface.  Admittedly its been reviewed a couple kajillion times on the beauty blogosphere , however, I am late to the whole "Tarte has amazing blushes thing" .  So this is going to be a review/my impression.

What Tarte says: "A long-wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun.
Product Performance: This 12-hour blush universally benefits all skin types for a fade-free, flawless finish in shades ranging from soft to vivid and matte to shimmer to suit a wide variety of skin tones.
Powered By: Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place while also hydrating the skin naturally to restore moisture, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin."  Source

Click to enlarge!








Can we please talk about how cute the packaging is? Cosmetic companies are learning: Pretty Packing = Win.  I probably would have bought this even if the blush wasnt awesome (which it is in its own way).

The blush is said to be made with amazonian clay , which helps minimize oil, and increases its staying power. Did it last for 12 hours? No.  But it did last between 7-8.  The problem is that I always go for a lighter shade of blush when dipping my toes into a new brand, and boy..is this shade LIGHT.  Even for me (I don't have a mac foundation reference..sorry! ) who is usually the lightest-second lightest shade of foundation available..it barely showed up on my skin.  It is buildable, but it stays true to the light pink shade that it is.  It managed to give a barely there pink cheek..which is nice..but my hubs couldn't even tell I was wearing anything (I could see it..but then again..I knew to look). It is pigmented though, because when I went to swatch the blush on my arm (as I usually do..) I couldn't get it to come off my finger. Ha.

Overall: I like this blush because it goes with everything.  Its super subtle so it doesn't overpower anything else you choose to emphasize (bright eyes..bright lips..).  It also has no scent, and considering my oily skin , it stayed put for at least 7 hours.  While I wouldn't recommend this shade to everyone, the brand, and this line I definitely would.  While swatching the different blushes in Sephora..my fingers looked like a rainbow (untill I noticed the makeup remover behind me-doh).  On my Sephora wishlist (aka - My bday list ;))  I have at least 4 other (brighter) shades on there, and I look forward to trying more from the line.

$25-@ Sephora, and tartecosmetics.com
I bought this myself-all opinions are my own
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!