Friday, February 14, 2014

Quick Review of Revlon Shadow Links in Purple & Java!

Nothing to Disclose

Hello again!  I'm here with a quickie quick review of two more Shadow Links from Revlon.  This time in Purple (yes, thats the name) and Java.  I originally wrote a review of Taupe (you can see it here).



These have finally appeared on the Revlon website. They say: "Individual, interchangeable eye shadows click together to create your own customized palette of possibilities. In 4 fabulous finishes and 30 covetable, collectible shades". (source)








The Good: I like the way the eyeshadows can  link together and that you can create a custom palette. 

The Bad:  Pretty much everything I said from my first review.  Java and Purple look nice when swatched above (with a sponge eyeshadow applicator), however when applied to the lid I find they're lacking in pigmentation.  Java has lots of chunky glitter in it that makes for some great fallout.  I wanted to love the purple matte, but its just so sheer.  Both shadows are powdery and a bit chalky.  I'm not a fan.  When I used Java over a cream shadow as primer, and packed it on, it actually looked nice.  But sadly, thats a bit too much work for me.  

Overall:  I'm not a fan.  There has to be some gems in this line somewhere, but I'm not willing to test 27 more shades to find out.  I say, try it and if you dont like it, return it.  I will.  Couldn't hurt for 3 bucks right?

$2.99 @ Ulta/CVS/Walgreens
.05oz
Revlon is not Cruelty Free
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!