Monday, September 30, 2013

Review & Swatches! Covergirl Flamed out Shadow Pencil in Melted Caramel!

 

Hello all!  I have a quick review for you today of Covergirl's new Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Melted Caramel.  




What Covergirl says:"Two versatile products in one brilliant pencil! With Flamed Out Shadow Pencil, you get vivid, creamy color plus the definition of eyeliner for the bold eye looks you crave."(source)

What I say:  Well.  Covergirl promises "vivid creamy color".  Well.  Ok.  I admit, I only chose Melted Caramel, which admittedly is not a very adventurous color.  The color you see above is a couple of passes..  Above it looks like a nice run of the mill taupe.  However, on my eyes, its not nearly that deep.  In order to get that color, I had to apply some pressure, and I'm not really willing to do that to my eyes.  However, I will say that the wear time is pretty good! On my oily lids, it lasted about 5.5 hours, which for me is quite the feat.  I didnt detect any shimmer or glitter in this, though its not matte.  I guess its more of a satin.  Its got a bit of a sheen.  

This doesnt sharpen! So you will need a bigger sharpener for this.  

Overall:  Its ok.  Not too great, not too bad.  Honestly, for the money, there's better crayon eyeshadow/eyeliners.  Jordana has some great ones, as well as Milani.  I'm also having a serious love affair with the Sephora eyeliners I have.  This is ok for a quick wash of color on your lids, or as a base for other shadows.  I will say though that I'm probably not going to repurchase.  

7.49@ CVS
.08oz

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!