Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review! New from Rimmel! New Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown

Hello Lovelies!  How are you all? I'm doing good. I've finally found an eyeliner that I adore, and I'm here to share it with you.

New from Rimmel for 2013- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal (in brown).  Now, oddly the brown isn't on the Rimmel London site, however it says 10 colors and shows 8 so brown is one, and I'm curious about the other missing color. Nevertheless here's what Rimmel says about their Kohl Kajal.
"Long lasting shocking color intensity with kohl Britania*High intensity color for an instant color impact*Ultra smooth & creamy formula that glides on easily*Waterproof, smudge-proof, sweat-proof, heat-proof, humidity-proof and scandal- proof*Dermatologist & ophthalmologist tested. Safe for sensitive eyes." (source)
Click to enlarge




As most of you all know by now, I'm a glasses wearer.  I used to wear contacts until one day at work..well..I'll spare you the details, but I got a wicked eye infection (perk of working in a pharmacy), so I decided that glasses were the way to go.  Since that is the case, I have to get thisclose to the mirror to apply any sort of eye makeup aside from mascara.  I usually would just skip lining my lower lash line   Too much work, could never get it quite right. However, I realized I liked the way my eyes were defined, and decided to work through my eyeliner collection to find the right one.  "Maybe its the eyeliner and not me" I thought.  

Then this came out and rocked my eyeliner world. 

This is unbelievably soft.  It can be smudged (if you do it quickly before it sets), and is incredibly long wearing.  Waterproof? Actually yes.  It didn't last quite as long on my waterline as I would have liked (only about 3 hours), but I did take a shower with it on my lower lash line only, and it was still there.  This eyeliner happens to have a small bit of gold shimmer in it.  Its not hugely noticeable though, and didn't irritate my eyes at all when worn on my waterline or lower lash line. 

On the whole this lasted me about 6 hours before I saw any fading. I cant get over how soft this is! Its smooth and glides like a dream. I love this on the upper or lower lash line  and while it wasn't great on the waterline, it does make for a great day to day eyeliner.  Not something where you'll be out all night, but good for an 8 hour workday.

For only 4.49 @ Ulta - I'm definitely picking up the dark blue and purple!
.042oz/1.2g
Bought myself / all opinions are my own. 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am really loving Rimmel. I really hadn't tried the brand much until recently. I am obsessed with their lipsticks and new beauty balm.

    Great review!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually loving rimmel as well. Their Kate Moss lipsticks are amazing, and I LOVE this eyeliner. I bought the new BB cream as well, and their eyeshadow sticks. I'm excited to see how they turn out!

      Delete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!