Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Summer Faves!

This summer my beauty routine has been pretty minimal.  I have oily skin, and the summer wreaks havok on it.  My face is so sweaty and shiny in even 70* weather...its pretty bad.  Lately I've noticed that I'm reaching for the same few things over and over, and so was born this post.  Enjoy!

Click to enlarge.

  • Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm : This is actually on deck for a review post.  I bought it in anticipation of a trip to Florida.  I wanted something that would deal with the heat and humidity (and my oily skin) while also helping me look put together (which it did!).  I love this stuff!
  • Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation in Matte in Fair with the Flawless Face brush:  I'm in love with this foundation..for me its perfect for summer (see my review here).  Even in the heat and humidity it holds up.  As for the brush, I wasnt a fan at first.  After washing it a few times with J & J Baby Shampoo, its a bit softer.  It gets the job done really well, so I can handle the scratchyness.

  • Urban Decay's Naked Palette:  Do I need to say more? Neutrals that last all day. Love it:)
  • Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe: Great for an overall lid color.  Lasts all day & helps me look put together! Couldn't ask for more!
  • Ecotools Shadow brush, Sephora eyeshadow brush (22 I belive), and Revlon Highlighting brush:  These are my go to shadow brushes! I actually use the Revlon one for my crease and for shading.


  • Project Runway Limited Edition Blush in Sultry Raven:  This is a cool toned light pink blush.  In the summer time my cheeks flush to a "lovely" shade of tomato red, so blush generally isn't necessary.  I used this almost every day.  It gives a nice glow to my cheeks, and while it does go on sheer, it can be built up nicely.

  • Benefit's Boing Concealer in 01: I bought this after my cousin (who never wore makeup until recently), bought this and began using this. This is my HG concealer (review coming up).  It covers up my under eye circles like a dream, even blazing in-your-face-tomato-red pimples it covers and conceals like its not there.  It also (most importantly) doesn't melt in the summer heat. 
  • Covergirl Liquiline Blast in Brown Blaze:  This is actually my go-to eyeliner (which is why it looks a bit shorter then the rest) .  I love the look of brown eyeliner on me.  I'm a dark haired, brown eyed beauty (who also wears glasses), so black isn't always good for me.  This is awesome during the summer!  I use this all the way around my eyes, I use this just on my lid, and even on my waterline (though it works best on the waterline when set with powder).  I love the way it looks smudged out, and the built in smudger is great for that!
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Bourbon:  Urban Decay eyeliners are unmatched, and I'm glad that for the price ($19 at Sephora) it works as well as it does.  This literally lasts all day non-stop.  It lasted through 90* Florida heat, and tears.  This is the man when it comes to eyeliners for summer. 
  • L'Oreal Carbon Black Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner:  (whew..try to say that 3x fast ;) .  This is an amazingly pigmented eyeliner that lasts all day and night.  It was  actually quite difficult to take off, even with waterproof eye makeup remover (and this isnt touted as waterproof).  This is great for winged liner, cat eyes, and even on the waterline (without setting it).  It comes with a built in smudger and sharpener too as a bonus (I'm lazy in the summer heat...I admit it.  Who doesn't hate looking for eyeliner sharpeners?). 
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick: Perfect bright lipcolor for summer.  Put it on, and done.  No touch ups, no worries about fading.  Just a perfect bright pink! (full review here).

So those are my summer faves so far? What are yours? Do you use any of the above?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That L'Oreal Shadow sounds great! I've been really wanting to check those out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I have 5 right now! The only problem I see is that they dont play nice with other loreal shadows (you really have to work to get two of them to blend). But as a lid color, or something simple (or even as eyeliner), they're great!

      Delete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!