Friday, July 20, 2012

Review & Swatches! Revlon's New Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!

Hello all!  Todays post is on Revlon's new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. But before we get to the review..a short psa.  Since this is a blog about (one) of my passions..my next post will be on something I'm also equally  passionate about-my Little Siren!  She's turning 4 this weekend, and I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.  I hope to spice this blog up with things more then just straight reviews..I have brush stuff coming up, and my summer faves, and maybe even my first eye of the day (eotd).  If theres anything you'd like to see on here..please leave me a comment below..I love hearing from you!

(Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ..lol).


Todays review is on Revlon's new Just  Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain .  I picked up two colors (separately ..hence the extra pics). I picked up Cherish (015), and Lovesick (020).

(Click to enlarge)





(Lovesick Swatched)

Ready for photos and swatches of Cherish?



(Cherish-indoor lighting - I apologize..my camara had trouble picking up the color)

(Cherish swatched)

These are fantastic!  I've heard them be compared to the Clinique Chubby sticks, but unfortunatly I havent tried those so I cant say that these are similar or not.  What I can say is that these are awesome.  When first applied they have a minty waxy feel and taste to them, but that fades quickly (the smell and the taste rather..haha).  The balm part fades after about an hour to leave a really nice opaque stain.  I didnt experience any dryness with these , which is the best part.  I love the look and wearability of stains, but I I hate how dry and chapped my lips always feel afterwards (I also hate that "ring around the lips" you get with some liquid stains).  You wont get any of that with these.  They fade evenly, and they have great colors. Also, there's no sharpening with these.  

I have a surprise for you guys..get ready..LIP SWATCHES! Yup. I've perfected my technique. Here they are: 

(Cherish)

(Lovesick)

Colorwise Cherish is a baby pink "my lips but better".  I love this for everyday.  Lovesick is a bright magenta pink-perfect for summer.  They retail 8.99$ around here in NY.  They are truly worthy of your 9 bucks.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Lovestick is such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I love reds that don't fade too quickly or go on too heavy. I usually put on red lipstick, leave it on for 20 minutes, then blot it off, hoping it will have stained. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Apparently I should just get this!

    Great post, Gin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Ty :) They have a red version of this if you'd like Kait :)

      Delete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!