Friday, January 10, 2014

Review! Covergirl's New Bombshell Volume Mascara by Lashblast in Very Black

Nothing to Disclose

As a follow up to the Bombshell Eyeliner review, heres a review for CG's New Bombshell Volume Mascara.



What Covergirl says: "Flaunt the next big thing in lashes with Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara! The brilliant two-step Bombshell Boost System combines extreme volume with an intensifying top coat for big, sexy bombshell lashes. Step One: Apply the extreme volume basecoat. Step Two: Finish with the intensifying top coat. (source)


(Part 1 side)

(Part 2 side)

Even though I dont wear mascara every day (or even once a week) , when I do, I actually really love the look it gives me. For me, I look for volume, and since this is called "Bombshell Volume"  I  was hoping for a lot.  Normally I go for the "natural" look.  But, I admit, that gets boring. I have some before and afters to show you..but first..my thoughts. 

I felt like this mascara did a good job of adding product to my lashes, but I'm not sure I saw "Bombshell volume".  I saw some, but I've gotten better results with their other mascaras (Like their LashPerfection Mascara, which is currently a Holy Grail for me).  I was also a little confused by what the two parts did.  I get the first part added product..but the second part I guess just made it blacker?  According to Covergirl Part 1 is the base coat and part 2 is the "Intensifying top coat".  Sure.  Whatever you say Covergirl.  I personally didnt see any difference.  Their other Lashblast mascaras are better.  

As for formula, I felt like the formulas were too wet and sticky.  At first I applied the first coat, and then the second (with no time in between), and I found that my top and bottom lashes stuck together (not a good look). The second time I actually let step 1 dry, and then applied step 2, and when I did that I entered clump city.  AGHGH.  

Also, can we please talk about what a monster mascara this is?


Its big and clunky.  It could be used as a weapon.  Its ridiculous.  Who would want to keep this huge thing in their purse?!  (though I actually like the hot pink). 

Before and after shots!

(no mascara)

(just step 1)

(step 1 + step 2)

Overall:
As you can see, there's really no difference.  I'm not a fan.  The mascara isnt bad, its just not giving me "sexy bombshell lashes".  I can get better, less clumpy results with my LashPerfection, without the two steps. Also, the big and bulky tube is a bit of a put off.   

.66 oz
$11.99 @ Walgreens
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!