Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How often do you wash your brushes?

Nothing to Disclose



How often do you wash your brushes?  

These are all my brushes (including the new bb cream brush by Ecotools that I'm testing, and is dirty).  As I was washing my brushes one night, I thought..how often do most wash them?  

I (honestly) try to wash my foundation brushes every time I use it.  Even if I'm using it over and over for the same thing (like the NYX BB cream).  I dont like the idea of using a brush on my face (even if its clean) and then redepositing everything back on my face when I use it again (without washing).  I have enough foundation brushes where if I'm feeling really lazy, I can use a different brush if I dont feel like washing it.  

As for my eye brushes (and my face and blush brushes), I try to wash them once a week, or at the very least, every two weeks.  If I'm sick I wont even use eye makeup because its a haven for germs.  I know I sound like a germophobe, but I'm not.  I'm just sensitive about my eyes and face since everything breaks me out, and I dont want to be sick again this winter. 

In between washings I'll rub my brushes on paper towel to get most of the color off (for my eyeshadow brushes), or if I need something a little bit more, and cant wait to wash and dry, I'll rub them on some makeup remover wipes! 

As for how to wash them..I have a tutorial here! 

So what about you? How often do you wash them? 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!