Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Starting Off: Concealer



Hello all!  For the next few weeks I'll be involved in the "Starting off" Project.  This project was the brainchild of Steph over at Steph's Inside Voice, and its aim is to give tips to  makeup newbies just starting out.  

This weeks topic is Concealer!

Oh man.  As a young(ish) mom, am I ever in need of a good concealer. I have bags and dark circles (nice imagery right? lol).    I currently have two favorites in my arsenal (both from Benefit).

Concealer is the most amazing multitasker!  Its used to cover up undereye bags, undereye darkness, acne, any kind of skin blemish you feel like hiding (or at least make less noticable).  Concealer also makes for a nice base (primer) for eyeshadows! I've been known in a pinch to use my boing concealer on my eyes!

I have two favorites:

(Boing Left/Fake up Right)

(Boing Left/Fake up Right)


*Boing! from Benefit!  This stuff is so amazing, I devoted a whole post just to its awesomeness.  Check it out here.  At one point I have was having a huge issue with acne and this bad boy covered it all up!  I brought it to a gathering (think tears, and sweat) and it lasted all day without moving!  I like to set it powder (oily skin..blah).  But it also works well on its own.  It comes in 5 shades, so there should be a shade match for everyone!

*The other concealer I love is Benefit's Fakeup Crease Control Concealer.  I've been using this for a few weeks now, and this is excellent during the summer!  This I've mainly used for under my eyes, so I'm not sure how it is at spot concealing.  I also set this with powder. The only downside I see to this is it only comes in 3 shades..so test in store!


Find out more!
Benefit's Boing ($20)
Benefit's Fakeup Crease Control Concealer ($24)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!