Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review & Swatch! Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream / Tinted Moisturizer..(whatever this is..) in Fair to Light.







Hello all! Today I have another BB Cream or..wait..is it a tinted moisturizer?  Whatever it is..its a review!

The full name is Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen.  I know..its a big confusing mouthful.

 But first..here's what Olay has to say on the subject: "Refreshes skin instantly•Brightens for a radiant glow•Evens tone with a splash of sheer color•Hydrates for 24 hours•Smoothes for softer feeling skin•Protects against UV damage with SPF 15 (source)

Swatches!




(The cream is blended above my watermark)



Now, the name says "BB Cream" in big letters,with tinted moisturizer sort of thrown in underneath.  To me, thats incredibly confusing, and a bit misleading.  Its like they're trying to play both sides..If you like it and feel like its a good bb cream, then it is.  But if you think the coverage is too sheer, then its a tinted moisturizer..everybody wins!  My thing is..it really cant be both.  My opinion is..and this is only my opinion..is that its not a bb cream..at all.  Its a Tinted Moisturizer.

Is it a bad tinted moisturizer? No.  Is it a bad bb cream?  Umm..well its not a BB cream. Sorry.  BB creams, should be a bit creamier, and do a little bit more then this did.  This did brighten up my face a bit, and added sheer color (the color match was pretty spot on).   But it didnt even out my skin tone or smooth out my skin at all.  Also, spf 15?  That's not much sun protection, so if you choose to wear this then you need to use an extra sunscreen.

*Also, just want to toss this in there for those who are sensitive to fragrance..this does smell.  Its a nice citrusy smell that lingers a bit after you apply it.  Its not unpleasant, but I did want to let everyone know.

Overall: I wasn't impressed.  Its a nice tinted moisturizer, but not the bb I was hoping for.  It brightened up my face, and lasted a few hours before my oily skin ate it all up.  It didnt even out or smooth out my skin at all (which is what I'm truly looking for).  Its ok, but not great.








14.99@Walgreens
2.5oz


post signature

1 comment:

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!