Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review! Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks-in Whiteness White & Guilt Grey








Oh Rimmel. You had me..you really did.  Your Waterproof Kohl Kajal liners are the bomb (yeah I said it), and everyone knows already how much I adore your Kate Moss lippies.  But why..oh why..didnt that awesomeness venture over into your shadow sticks?

What Rimmel says" High impact colour Precision tip applicator Ultra soft formula glides on smoothly High-shine and luminous finish" (source)







I've been testing these for a few weeks.  Both of these contain loads of shimmer. I bought Whiteness White to use as a base for shadows.  Unfortunately, its incredibly shimmery, and when I tried to blend out the edges, or use it as a highlight (under the brow) , it sheered out.  Guilt Grey is just blah.  I used it as a lid color, and it was waay too shimmery and hard to blend.  Using it as a liner fared a bit better, but I like smudgey liner, and once again..it was hard to blend.  

Lasting power on these are ok.  It lasted about 3/4 hours on me before creasing.  

Overall: Unfortunately, these are a complete fail for me.  Whiile the pigmentation was good, the fact that they were hard to blend (and the white sheered out), makes these a no go for me. They do have 9 shades, and a bunch of the other colors are extremely appealing..however, I'm going to pass based on my bad time with them.
Oh Rimmel.  These could have been awesome.

4.49@Ulta
All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww sorry these shadow sticks did not work out, I think I will pass on these.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!