Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Social Week 27!


Hello all! Time for another Sunday Social post! How was your week? Mine was unevenful. Work, a little Christmas shopping. 

 This weeks questions are holiday themed again!

1. Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
I love Miracle on 34th st, and The Grinch!

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?
I dont volunteer, but we always have the "Toys for Tots" box at my job.  So since we always have the "buy 2 get 1 free" toys, I try to donate a toy every winter.  I also give money to those Salvation Army people with the bells.

3. Favorite toy received as a Child for the Holidays?
Hmm..It'd probably have to be my rocking horse. I asked for a horse for Christmas and woke up with this:

This one is from the 60's (source) but it looked JUST like this!  I would feed it, and even sleep underneath (i dont know why underneath, but i did..).  Eventually it was given to my moms best friend who (at the time..) had 4/5 kids and loved it just as much as I did.

4. What was your must have item in high school for the Holidays?
I remember the "must have" being two things: Tickle Me Elmo and a beeper.  The Tickle me Elmo was released in 2001 (I was in 11th grade).  You werent cool if you werent walking around with a red Tickle Me Elmo, with a beeper tucked into your pocket (on vibrate of course).  I never got the Tickle me Elmo, but I did have a kick ass teal beeper that let you leave messages (that translated into text when I received it). 

(This WAS my beeper, only I had teal!)

5. Item you begged for the most and never got?
Car. Fooey on you dad. 

6. What do you do on Christmas Eve? If you are Jewish what does your family do for Hanukkah?
Every year I end up working, and then the family and I head over to my mother in laws and exchange gifts.  My child of course ends up getting the most .  But honestly its just really nice getting together, and spending time with everyone:)

*Sunday Social is run by Ashleyscarnivalride &acompletewasteofmakeup.  Its a great way for our readers to get to know us a little better.  If you're a newbie blogger (or would simply like to join), go on over to one of those to ladies awesome blogs , and sign up.*

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!