Monday, December 3, 2012

Review! Milani Shadow Eyez 12 Hr Pencil-Champagne Toast & Brown Deluxe

Hello all!  I've decided to take a short break from playing with Beautysets (that site addictive..) to post a review on something that's been getting a lot of buzz on the beauty blogosphere.  Milani Shadow Eyez 12hr Pencils.  I picked up Brown Deluxe, and Champagne Toast.  I've been playing with them for a few weeks and I'm ready to post my review.  Are they worth the hype?

Here's what Milani says: "Big and blendable 2-in-1 color rich pencil  that can be used as shadow or liner. Creamy smooth, long-lasting, water-resistant, crease-proof and paraben-free formula. The next generation of shadows that you sharpen." source




(Brown Deluxe)

(Champagne Toast)

Packaging: Its a jumbo crayon type eyeliner .  It doesnt automatically sharpen, so you'll need a sharpener that can handle its larger size. It comes with a clear (unsecure) top.  Its supposed to keep it from drying out, but it's not super secure.

Color: The colors are true to their names.  Pigmented in one swipe, and what you see is truly what you get (I love that!)  The brown is a beautiful slightly bronzey shimmery brown.  Perfect for eyeliner, or even as a lid color.  The champagne makes a great base for other shadows, as a highlight or inner corner of your eye.


(picture taken outdoors-direct sunlight)

Performance:  Do they really last 12hrs? Is it really worth the hype?  YES.  A resounding 100000% YES.  While I didnt leave these on for 12 hours, I did take a shower with my fresh swatches, and wear these out and about on my eyes.  After being under hot running water (being scrubbed ..etc..) it was still there.  Duller, but there. Doesnt bother me though.  Seriously...who takes a shower and expects the makeup to still be there? (Beauty blogger?) 

 These shadow pencils are absolutely amazing.  Pigmented in one swipe, super long lasting, and they multitask.  They can be used as a base for shadows, or even double as eyeliner.  Be careful using it on your lower lashline though.  If it often takes you more then one try to get it right, steer clear .  This will stay.  Seemingly forever.  But, then again, if you use it on your waterline, again..it stays put.  You cant get a sharp line with these though.   To remove I used Neutrogena makeup removing wipes and it took about 2/3 tries with fresh wipes to get the brown off. 

*. A word of advice.  If you're thinking of smudging these out do it quick. It takes all of about 10 seconds for this to set, and once its set..its set.  

I would only change two things.  One-the name.  Shadow Eyez with a "Z" really? eyyeezzzzzzzzz.  You have a whole marketing department Milani..and thats what you came up with?  Two: More colors, and maybe a more traditional pencil size. 

Overall: Run out and buy these if you can! They go for 6.99, and come in 6 colors total.  The other colors are Winter White, Green Safari, Aquatic Style, and Royal Purple.

Has anyone picked these up or tried these yet? Let me know what you all think!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting these FOREVER (especially Champagne Toast) because everyone says they're amazing! I never see them in-stores though just on some places online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny you say that , because aside from the small display at my local Walgreens, I havent seen them anywhere either. They're part of the permanent collection, so I'm surprised its not more readily available. Champagne is amazing! I hope you get your hands on it soon!

      Delete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!