Friday, November 4, 2011

Clinique Haul!

This was actually a surprise gift from my husband (you rock btw..).  I showed him the Clinique site, with the free 7 bonus's , and he pointed out (correctly) that I have too much makeup as it is.  Next thing you know, a week later a Clinique box comes with all the items I picked.  Yay! Who doesn't love surprises?  Wanna see? Keep reading!


First up Quick Blush:


This is probably the coolest thing ever in the existence of blushes.  Its a blush brush, and blush in one.  The blush powder itself is solid, in the cap. 



The color is Minute Mocha.  But dont let the name fool you.  This is a beautiful soft nudey/pink.  I HAD to try this the moment I opened it, and I LOVE IT.  I love that the color.  I plan on using this all the time, and when it runs out , I would love to buy another. The size itself isn't that big, which makes it portable enough for your makeup bag.  The brush itself isnt super soft, but it's also not stiff.  Its just right for blush application. This is full size, so it retails for 22.50 (not bad tho considering its portable, is a beautiful color, and honestly just a super cool concept).

Next up: Superbalanced Powder Makeup:



The Clinique site says ""Smart" technology keeps dry areas comfortable, oily areas less shiny. No-waste grinder dispenses skin-defending vitamins with each twist. Fresh-shaved mineral powder clings evenly to skin. Lasts for up to 8 long hours. Includes antibacterial brush."

I actually chose this over the " Fresh Bloom all over color" (its a blush/highlighter/bronzer imprinted like a flower) because this I knew I'd actually use.  My skin (since I've had my daughter) has become an oil slick, and anything that can help me control shine, I'm down for.    The color I chose was very fair/medium fair (02) and seems to be a good match for me.  I'm hoping this works for me  and I can just use this as my mineral foundation.  The brush- I'm still iffy on.  How is it antibacterial? I have no idea. It is cute, and once again portable .  I love the dispenser! How cool is that? No more dust everywhere!  Thats a win Clinique. 

Next: Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo Mini in Frosted Blossom & Deep Purple


It was either this, or a nude set, and seeing as i LOVE purple eyeshadow, and I have so many nudes, this was a no brainer.  I cant wait to try this out...tho it doesn't look like my eyeshadow brush with fit..haha.  I looked on the Clinique site, and this particular combination isn't there..but there are others that are close to it.  It comes in a cool reflective case, which has my (and my daughters) fingerprints all over.  It seems sturdy tho, and once I try it, I'm sure it'll end up in my makeup bag. 

Next:Different Lipstick Mini in Raspberry Glace


I chose this over a more neutral color, because, well look at it.  Its actually very close to the little computer generated swatch they had when I chose it.  Words cannot express how excited I am to try this.  Look at it! Its a gorgeous pink/red/berry shade.  I'm sure this will end up a topic of a Love Rant.  These retail full price for 14.50..which means that even a girl on a budget can buy one (or two or 3..haha).

There's More!
7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula Mini & High Impact Mascara Mini in Black



Who cant use a new scrub once in a while?  And this was one i wanted to try out.  Maybe it'll help my skin out? Or maybe end up as a review here;)  Who knows, but it was one of my options, I needed one..so bam! Here it is.  The mascara is awesome.  Saving this one for date night!  Look at this brush!


Va va voom right?  Huge! I'm hoping this lives up to its name, but I guess we shall soon see. 

Last but not least, I also recieved a Quickliner for Eyes (mini) in Deep Chocolate and a kick ass (I can say ass on here right? lol) Cosmetics bag



I chose the deep brown, because with my dark brown eyes, I'm always choosing black or dark blue.  Its nice to do a little something different.  Its actually also not as big as it looks. I know its a mini, but dang.  I think i'll get maybe 3 uses out of the eyeliner.  As for the bag, this this is huge, and if it fit in my purse, It'd become my makeup bag.  Till then, I'm going to love it as a traveling bag.  Now all I need is a vacation.  Ha!

Thats my post..whew.. 

Do any of you use Clinique? What do you think?  





























No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!