Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review! New Loreal Infallible 24hr Eyeshadow-Pictures & Swatches!

This year Loreal came out with new Infallible eyeshadows, and they've  been getting a lot of buzz.  Loreal isnt exactly a powerhouse when it comes to shadows.  However these eyeshadows are sure to put Loreal back on the eyeshadow map.  Here's what Loreal has to say about their new Infallible Eyeshadows: "For the 1st time ever, L’Oréal Paris introduces an ultra intense eye shadow that lasts from day until dawn—a full 24 hours.This revolutionary formula fuses the ease of a powder with the velvety caress of a cream to create a unique hybrid that glides on effortlessly. And with its unique technology, your eyes are enhanced with pure, magnified pigment. Make a lasting impression without batting an eye.•    Intense, maximized color•    Luxurious powder-cream texture•    24-hour long-lasting hold•    Waterproof, crease resistant, fade resistant" (taken from Loreal Website).

Crease & fade resistant? Count me in.  I dont know about you all, but I kind of like eyeshadows that dont require much work.  I prefer to just put a wash of color on my lid, and a light color under my browbone-boom done. That would imply these would be right up my alley-so lets see how they fared!

(I picked up 333 Golden Sage-left/892 Amber Rush-Right)

Packaging: Small & square, with a round top..very small, very travel friendly.  The screw tops are super secure.  They come with a top underneath  to help keep the eyeshadow flat, and keep the eyeshadow from drying out. 



(do not discard!)

Color: These were so much fun to photograph, honestly..the colors are so vibrant and pigmented. The clear side shows you the color you'll get .  When you apply it to your lid (which I'll get into in a moment), its true to what you see. The green is a beautiful vibrant green, and the amber is a gorgeous bronzy color. I went a little picture crazy here..I apologize ;)

(Amber Rush-picture taken outside)

(Golden Sage-picture taken outside)

(Amber Rush taken inside-Ohhh my gosh..look!)

(Golden Sage-top/Amber Rush-Bottom: Direct sunlight)

(Golden Sage-top/Amber Rush-Bottom: Indoor Lighting)

Consistency: They have a strange consistency thats hard to describe. They look like a hard powder, and they're soft, but they also apply so creamy that its like a cream shadow.  

To Apply:  I've tried a makeup brush, an eyeshadow sponge, and my fingers, and I can say that fingers are definitely the easiest way to go, along with the eyeshadow sponge.  With the eyeshadow sponge you  can blend easily and you can pack on color. The eyeshadow brush makes it a little more difficult since it doesnt pick up much of the powder/cream (Creamowder ? lol) eyeshadow.

Performance: I decided (as I usually do) to test these while at work. I used the Golden Sage all over my lid, and into my crease, with just a little highlight under my brow (no primer).  Since these are supposed to be long wearing/crease/fade resistant, I expected my eyes to gorgeous when I came home.  When I got home about 5.5 hours later there was some minor creasing, however there was no fading at all.   I decided to try again the next night with some good ole Urban Decay primer potion to see if that would help, and thankfully it did.  A little primer went a long way, and there was no creasing at all. 

Overall: There was never any fading, and very minor creasing when worn without a primer. Theres also no fallout from the eyeshadow at all. They come in a variety of colors, and  for 7.99$ are a worthy investment. 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful color...I'm gonna need to try these

    http://lolitastylez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!