Monday, April 22, 2013

Review & Swatches! Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm






Hello all! Time for a review of a BB cream that I actually like!  Its a bit on the expensive side..but I've been using it for months and months now..and its totally worth it.

What Sephora says about Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm: "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, this all-in-one product also includes advanced brightening properties. Ideal under makeup, its natural looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural. " (source) 

Swatch time!







I bought this last June.  When I went in, I wanted something that would be light on my face, but still even out my skin and make it look better.  I also needed for it to have spf, and withstand my oily skin and sweat (since I was buying this for a personal trip to florida).  

First..before I continue, let me apologize for the worst arm swatch in history.  I know..it sucks..but all of the other swatches came out waay too dark, and so I finally had to resort to taking a pic with my iphone to show the true color of the bb cream (its blended in the area above the watermark).

Ok..that all being said..this stuff is pretty awesome.  While in Florida (in June..which means 80-90* weather), it was able to keep my face looking even and (mostly) shine free.  It didnt rub off during any of the hugs or kisses that were to be had down there, and it didnt betray just how truly oily my skin is.  While I was there, I did set it with a loose dusting of loose powder, but up here (lower NY/CT), its fine without the powder.  It lasts all day, and no oxidizing.  

*The only downsize is that there is only one shade..which means test in the store, and for darker skinned gals..I'm sorry..you're out of luck.

Overall: This is my favorite BB cream to date.  Expensive, but worth it. It doesnt match my skin completely..but once its blended, its pretty hard to tell I'm wearing anything.  Covers up my freckles, but still lets my skin breathe, non oxidizing, evens out skintone..its all good!




39$ @ Sephora
1.4oz
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I hate when cosmetic companies have products with only one shade!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! My best friends are olive skinned, and a lot of times I use stuff that they cant use because they cant find a shade match. Plus, I think its rude to make foundations and such and only make it for lighter skinned girls. What about my friends who are waaaayyy darker? Why exclude them?

      Delete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!