Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review and Swatches! Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream

Hello all!

Time for the first of a few Rimmel reviews.  I probably should have posted this during the Rimmel 50% off sale, but umm..it wasnt ready yet :D  Dont kill me .  I swear, I had a bunch of other posts that needed to go up first. But its here! And that's what matters right?

Everyone and their momma seems to be putting out their own BB cream.

Whats a BB Cream?  In Asia, apparently they're kick ass. They heal, conceal, and make your skin awesome by healing it, and actually making your skin better when you wear it. In the US ("the west") they're creams that offer better coverage then a tinted moisturizer, but less then foundation (at least that's the idea).

I've tried more then a few that were basically tinted moisturizers, and most of them were not meant for my oily skin.  Some were too dark, and only one so far has been a perfect shade match.

What does Rimmel say about it's brand new 9-in-1 BB Cream?
"Rimmel's 1st 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup 9 in 1 results: Primes, moisturises, minimizes pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens, and helps protect. Lightweight, ultra comfortable formula instantly gives a flawless, 100% natural finish. SPF 25"(source)
Rimmel promises a lot with this BB cream.  Did you see that list?  Primes , moisturizes, minimizes pores, conceals, covers, smooths, mattifies, brightens and helps protect.  Whew. Mouthful.

Before I get into the Pros and Cons...some Swatches!






First the Pros:
It evened out my skin nicely.  I have a bit of rosacia in my cheeks, and anything that can tone that down is a win in my book.  It gave my face, not a matte finish, but not super dewy either (satin?).  It lasted a good 4 hours on my oily skin before I noticed some fading. As for some of its "benefits".  Yes, it did brighten, and it did mattify my skin somewhat.  However, it is winter (and snowing still here in Greenwich ) so I'm not getting super sweaty yet.  I do like the fact that it has sunscreen,  however would I use this in place of sunscreen? No.  Not on your life.   The cream itself is a nice consistancy, and i love the way it blended into my skin.  It was super comfortable to wear, and I would have worn it out had I not noticed the color match (I did however wear it all day when I was home).

The Cons:  I chose the lightest shade and the color match was still off.  AHHHG. Its fine.  Maybe in the summer it will work?  I just hate that "white neck, and tan face"look.  Another con?  It does actually settle into my pores.  Do I think people will be looking that closely at my face? No.  Did I notice it? Yes. It also has a sunscreeny scent to it.  Not a fan.

Overall: This would have been a nice daily BB cream for me if the color match for me.  Rimmel foundations (etc) tend to run warm, so I had a feeling this may not work.  The consistency was nice, and it was wonderfully bendable .but I cant wear it if I'm going to have a miss-matched face and neck.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!