Thursday, February 14, 2013

Product Fail. Revlon Photoready Eyeshadow Palette in Avant Garde

Hello all!  So about a month ago I posted my swatches and first impressions of Revlons Photoready Eyeshadow Palette in Avant Garde.  I've been playing around with it for a few weeks, and I'm ready to say what I think!

Me no likey.

What Revlon Says: "Easily create limitless looks with one palette.
Each palette features a primer, 3 highly pigmented shadows, and a sparkle top coat. Use wet for more color intensity. Add sparkle top coat for a multi-dimensional, intensely shimmering effect." (source)


(Primer on left-Sparkle top coat on right)







(attempt to show u sparkle)

Sooo heres the deal.  I was not impressed with this palette.  The primer is just eh.  Its not overly sticky or tacky, and so while it did help brighten the shadows somewhat, they didnt last much longer then if I'd worn the shadows alone.  The shadows are pretty bad.  They're powdery, not pigmented at all, and prone to fall out (especially the glittery top coat).  Alone they lasted on my eyes only about 4 hours before creasing and fading away (though I do have oily lids).  With the included primer, I got about 6 hours. If you use a different primer (say..UD primer potion, or too faced shadow insurance).  They last about 8 hours (I used UD primer potion).  

I'm just not thrilled with this palette.  I love the design, and the concept, but Almay has better versions of this.   The shadows arent pigmented enough, the primer sucks, and the glittery top coat made my face look like a disco ball. 

Pass.

9.99 @ Ulta
Bought this myself/ all opinions are my own
.1oz/2.8g
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!