Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Social Week 23!



How was your week?  We got a nor'easter!  Nor'easter Athena.  We got about 2in of snow, and MiniSirenN loved it! However, seeing as we had just had a hurricane pass through, the nor'easter snarled traffic, and there's a gas shortage going on. Fun!

On to the Sunday Questions!  This week is about Thanksgiving!

1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
My favorite would have to be back when I was 13.  My birthday is Nov 27th, and that year it happened to land on Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving in general (The family..the gratitude..the turkey!), but to have cake on top of it was a huge bonus. The whole family (my dads side at least) was there, with cousins, and even my grandparents.  They are all excellent cooks, so I took advantage and ate as much as I could.  It was delicious!

2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Everything!!  Love stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes, veg...all of it!  I love especially eating it all at once on my fork..hmmm....

3. What is a Thanksgiving tradition you and your family have?
I can't believe I'm saying this, but the one Thanksgiving day tradition my father (who admittedly didn't follow traditions at all) always without fail followed, was having Thanksgiving Dinner at 3-330 in the afternoon.  My fathers side is hardcore traditional Italian  and so always ate dinner early.  Even though I hated it (then) , I appreciate that he followed that because it was what his parents, and grandparents did.  Now, I spend the holidays with my in-laws and they eat dinner around 4 (which is still nice). 

4. Show us a favorite Thanksgiving picture(or 5) from years past
Here's where I get deep... The truth is, I dont have any pictures from my childhood (on me). The reason being that I moved 3x by the time I was 11,  and so the pictures that I do have are stored in my inlaws garage. (and no..no scanner..).  I promise you , I was cute. 


5. What are you most looking forward to about this Thanksgiving?
Having MiniSirenN try all the different kinds of food.  She's 4, so she's at that fun age where she's trying lots of different things.  

*Sunday Social is run by Ashleyscarnivalride & acompletewasteofmakeup.  Its a great way for our readers to get to know us a little better.  If you're a newbie blogger (or would simply like to join), go on over to one of those to ladies awesome blogs , and sign up.*

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!