Monday, July 2, 2012

Mascara time! Review for Maybelline's new Volum' Express Mega Plush Mascara

Hello all my pretty sirens!  Time for another mascara review!  If anyone has a wide array of mascaras..its definitely Maybelline.  They have a little something for everyone. And so now they've added Volum' Express the Mega Plush to their arsenal.

Mega Plush promises "Massive and Supple Volume" . It also says (according to the Maybelline site) "• Our first gel-mousse mascara with 40% less hard waxes for massive volume with a supple touch • Extra-soft, patented Flexor Brush caresses lashes • Lashes never brittle or flaky"  


I dont know about you all, but I love mascaras that deliver volume, and the fact that they wont be hard or flakey..sounds like a win for me.  So I definitely had to pick this up.  Lets see how this baby did!


(As always-click to enlarge)





I picked Blackest Black , in the washable formula.  Before we get to the formula, first lets take a look at the brush, and the "flexor handle".


I drew an obnoxious arrow pointing to the part where the want flexes. The brush on the mascara isnt too bad.  Its big and got big bristles to add volume.  What about the flexible handle u ask?  Well..I'm not a fan.  The formula of the mascara is so light that the flexible handle isn't really necessary.  This is the first mascara want I've tried where it has a wand like that.  The wand flexes in all directions so there's always going to be a bit of a bend.  

The formula however is a win.  I like how light my lashes felt.  I experienced no clumping (which was an OMG moment for me, since mascaras almost always clump on me).  Did I get "massive and supple volume" like Maybelline advertised? No.  But I was able to get much more volume then I usually do with other mascaras, and with no clumping after 2/3 coats..that was actually pretty awesome.  One downside though.  Something about the formula makes it smudge after a few hours.  I was sad about that, however since it was washable, a bit of water washed it right away.  

Overall: The formula is nice, and you wont experience any clumping with this.  If you get the washable formula (as I did), then you may get some smudging.  The "flexor wand" is a complete fail.  There's no reason for that on this mascara, considering how light the formula is.  Not to mention, to really get into and under the lashes, you need something stable .  Overall though, the wand wont turn me off from using this since I like the formula so much.

Who will like this? Someone who wants a little extra volume.  I recommend the water proof since otherwise it may smudge.  Also, someone who doesn't mind a little extra work, since the wand itself is super flexible.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!