Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorite Eyeshadows of the Year!

Hello again my pretties!  Its time again for one last post before the new year! I must say I'm proud..this week Ive posted 4x! Anyway here are my top 11 eyeshadows (it was top 10..but it was so hard to choose!  ).  I've numbered them all so its easier to see what I'm talking about..here we go! (In no particular order..)

(Group hug!)

1.Maybelline Eyestudio Color Pearls Marbleized Eyeshadow in Lawless Lavender: (whew..try to say that 3x fast..).  This is a relatively new acquisition, and I really only picked it up because it was lavender, and on sale.  These have been out for a WHILE, and are actually quite awesome.  On the left is one color, and on the right is a marbleized side.  You can swirl them together, use wet or dry, or use each separately The pigmentation comes from using this wet..since its a baked shadow, but it gives a nice subtle look to my eyes when used dry. 

2.Maybelline Eyestudio Colorplush Eyeshadow in Purple Icon: One of the most used eyeshadows that I have, and I'll soon have to get another.  The shadows are so pigmented, and smooth and amazing to blend.  The colors don't get muddy when blending which is what makes this really stand out to me.  When I want my eyes to really stand out..I layer this over number 3 (Revlon Creme Eyeshadow). 

3.Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Wild Orchids: Notice a trend here? These are all super creamy, and super pigmented. However, there's not much staying power, and a lot of creasing. So..I have this under number 2-and Voila! super awesomeness!  These are good alone, if used over a primer, and some powder or SOMETHING over it. Otherwise, you'll have crease city. But, the upside is that they're gorgeous, and yes..you can blend all of them together.

4.WnW Baked Eyeshadows:  I have the blue, and the neutral palette.  I took a picture of the neutral, since that what I use the most.  These are amazing.  If you'd like to see my full review..click here

5.Avon Eight in One Eye Palette: Technically not drugstore, but still one of my favs.  I got this online with some ebay bucks the hubbs had leftover.  This is great over primer, and has a nice range of shades. I wish some of the darker ones were more pigmented, but its worth trying out. 

6.WnW Color Icon Eyeshadow Single in Brulee (251A): This is my go to "Under the brow" shades. I had to buy this after I hit the pan in the Covergirl Palette.  I love the color! I just wish it wasn't so tiny, since I keep losing it!

7. Maybelline Eyestudio Color Explosion in Amethyst Ablazed: Yup, another purple, and yes..this is what my cousin got me.  I've worn this 3/4x a week since I've gotten this. Read my Love Rant here on why I love it so much:)

8.Revlon Customeyes Shadow and Liner in Sweet Innocence: Another one of those palettes where you have the freedom to wear it anyway you like. This is my go to work eyeshadow. It works good alone, but best over primer. The two dark colors are actually really good as eyeliner as well. 

9.Covergirl Intense Shadowblast in Beige Blaze: This is technically an eyeshadow, but I use it as a primer.  It  blends into my skin completely when I try to use it as an eye shadow.  As a primer though its tops! For more, read my review here.

10.Covergirl Eye brightening Shadow Palette in Vibrant Browns: Its a little hard to tell from the picture, but I hit the pan in the cream shade on the right.  This for a LONG time was the only eyeshadow I'd wear.  It has pretty good staying power, and all the colors complement each other.  However ..does it brighten my eyes? Not so much. Doesnt matter though, I still love it. 

11. Nuance by Salma Hayek Beautiful Blends Eye Quad in Neutral:  Yes. Its in the shape of a closed flower? I dont even know how to describe the shape of this, however, the eyeshadows on the inside are awesome.  They're all on the warm side, but they blend so nicely .  The brush on the inside is useless, however the shadows are top notch.  I just wish that the container, while intriguing and nice to look at , was a bit more travel friendly.  I'm terrified I'm going to break it. (Read my review here).

So thats my list!  Whats your go to colors to wear and favorite eyeshadows?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!