Monday, August 8, 2011

Maybelline Superstay 24hr color review!

I am so excited to be reviewing this product! I'd been wanting to try this for a long time, and when I had the chance to buy it in CVS one day (Girls day!) I definitly had to pick it up. 

This product was a mix of good and bad..keep reading to find out more..



First the Good:

The color is #100 Very Cranberry. My friend and I went back and forth on what color to get for me, seeing as sometimes the color on the tube isnt necessarily the color you get on your lips. Well, have no fear folks, the color you see on the left, is definitly what I got..and I have to admit ..it was GORGEOUS.

Here it is swatched on my arm




Gorgeous right? Yah..I LOVED the color. The line has a wide range of colors that can suit every skin tone and occasion.  I loved the idea of this, and really wanted to love it..but unfortunatly..I dont.

The bad:

First off, I'm not a hater. Yes..I love CG, but i have a ton of stuff from Maybelline.  Secondly, I gave this two tries..and couldnt make it work for me. The first time I just took the lipcolor end, and put some on my bottom lip.  If youre a lipstick smacker like i am (and rub your lips together after applying lipstick..) DONT do with this!  It starts to dry right after application and it was immediatly sticky and didnt look right. So I used makeup remover and tried again. This time i smoothed it out a bit with my fingers..waited for it to dry, and used the balm.  The balm made my lips all gloopy and despite my honest try..the color came out uneven.

I tried again a few days later, trying to wipe off the excess on the little tube end. It worked slightly better that way, but my lips felt so dry I couldnt even last an hour.  Its a shame too, because the color looked amazing on me.  Seriously if they had this shade in lipstick form I would buy it right away..but I just couldnt use this.  I actually have a maybelline lipstain that made my lips look and feel better then this..

Bottom line:
It was a hit/miss for me. I loved the color and concept, but I hated the application.  I gave it an honest try, but in the end, it just wasnt for me. I usually love most everything I buy, but I just couldnt see myself using this..

2/5-I bought it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!