Friday, July 19, 2013

So far so...on the fence with Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Downtown Brown...

Hello all!  Right now I have a quick half review for Maybelline's Loose Pigment in Downtown Brown.  I'll update it more as I continue to test this.

I bought Downtown Brown last week.  I was super excited to try a loose pigment.  I dont have much luck with Maybelline's shadows, but loose pigment implies intensity (or built up intensity).  I also was a fan of the smaller size.  I like being able to pop an eyeshadow into my purse without fear of it breaking.  Also, aside from all that, if these turn out to be amazing, Maybelline could really make bank.  To my knowledge there's no other drugstore loose pigments like this.

Maybelline says: Only our color-boost pigments create powerful color intensity.Our no-mess sifter guarantees easy application. Stays put up to 24 hours. Dare to wear explosive color." (source)





(Flash)
(Left: Swatched heavily with Brush/ Right Sponge Applicator)

(indoor lighting)
(Left: Swatched heavily with Brush/ Right Sponge Applicator)

I've tried this with a brush and with a sponge applicator (without a base) so far.  Without a base, using a brush with these will result in a ton of fallout.  Ton. A sponge applicator helps with some of the fallout, and definitely wields better color payoff, however, I find I have less control when I'm not using a brush. 

Tonight I'm trying this over a base, so I'll have my final review on this soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!