Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review & Swatches! Bare Minerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Phenomenon







Hello all!! I'm so excited to share with you my newest obsession.  Bare Minerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (in The Phenomenon).

Here's what Bare Minerals has to say : "bareMinerals READY® Eyeshadow delivers pure, intense, provocative colour that's long-wearing and amazingly blendable with proven skin-nourishing benefits." (source)

I dont know about all that skin nourishing stuff, but I did enjoy the shadows.  First though..Swatches!








(indirect sunlight) (T-Golden Iris B-Azure Iris)

(Direct Sunlight) (T-Golden Iris B-Azure Iris)

None of those swatches were done over primer..it was done over bare skin. Yes..a purple that's not super sheer and shows up without a primer on bare skin. I KNOW. I die. I bought this in preparation for Easter.  I have a couple of  "go-to's" from Urban Decay, but I really wanted a nice purple. I was thinking I'd head over the the UD section (in ULTA), but I decided to take a gander over at the new Bare Minerals shadows first.  As soon as I saw this..I knew it had to be mine.  

Without primer, these perform really well!  Lasted through a whole work day (8 fun filled hours of working retail), with only minor fading of the purple shade.  With primer I was able to get closer to 9.5 hours (awesome..I know).  Over primer the purple is a bit more vibrant, and the golden shade a bit more golden (but that's to be expected). There was a bit of fallout when I was tapping my shadow brush into the shadows (they're a little bit powdery). There was also a bit of creasing after about 8 hours, but for myself, it wasnt anything major.

Overall:  I love this palette! They're a bit on the powdery side, but there was very minimal fallout when applied to the eyes.  They're smooth to apply, and I love this color combination! I cant wait to try others!

20$ @ Ulta
3g/.1oz
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!