Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review! Covergirl's New Flamed Out Eyeshadows! in Melted Caramel & Turquoise Glow



Hey all! So Ive played with these eyeshadows for a week, and I'm ready to tell the world what I think.
Are you ready?

First..What does Covergirl say? "Go bold! Flamed Out Shadow Pots pack a punch of vivid color in perfectly sized pots so you can mix, match, and blend to customize blazing hot hues." (source)
Hmm....

Swatches!

(Melted Caramel/Turquoise Glow)

(Melted Caramel/Turquoise Glow)

(Melted Caramel/Turquoise Glow)

(direct sunlight)

(you can see the glitter bits here..)


Ok..so I'm going to jump right to the chase here..I'm not a fan.  

HOWEVER.   I will say that I'm impressed with the color selection.  You have some pinks, a bold blue, lime green and some neutrals.  I love the whole batch.  But, the execution could have been better.  Covergirl does so many things right.  Their mascaras, their lippies, their nailpolishes..they just cant get the hang of eyeshadows.  

Like the other shadows I have from CG , I really wanted to love these..but I couldn't.  As you can see from the swatches, the two shades I have are sheer.  Melted Caramel I had to swatch a few dozen times to get it to show up.  Turquoise Glow refused to show up no matter how many times I swatched (with a sponge applicator).  They both contain glitter, and kick up powder when they're run over with a brush (or sponge).  They also have weird screw on tops, and only have numbers on the bottoms (names can be found on their website).  

In an effort to find something redeeming, I wore these over primer and on bare lids.  Over primer they're better with less fallout, and lasted 7 hours.  On my bare lids  I got about 5 hours before they faded away.  Not bad!

Overall: I'm not a fan.  Too sheer, too much glitter, and too much work.  They're supposed to have vivid color, and I just didn't find that with these.  Sorry Covergirl.  

*If you really want to try these, try the bolder colors, and try picking them up on sale, or at Walmart (where most everything is cheaper).  And save the receipt..just in case..


$4.99 @ Ulta.
post signature

1 comment:

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!