Saturday, October 27, 2012

Swatch & First Impressions! Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Blinged and Brilliant from the Diamond Collection (LE) *Picture Heavy*

Hello all!  As I write this we are in a state of emergency due to Hurricane Sandy.  I live in Westchester County, (not too far from the water), so I may not be able to blog for a few days (depending on if we lose power, though cross your fingers that we don't) .  

However, despite all of that ruckus, I wanted to get a few posts going!  This is one I've had sitting in my drafts for a few days.  Its a swatch of Blinged and Brilliant (Infallible Eyeshadow) from Loreal's Diamond Collection.  I was able to find this at my local Walgreens for $7.99.

Here's a pic of the display (taken with my own phone).


Now on to why you're all really here!  Swatches and commentary from me;-)

(Direct Sunlight)

(Indirect Sunlight indoors)


(Direct Sunlight)


(Indirect Sunlight indoors)


(Swatch-Outdoors Direct sunlight)

When I first took this home and I looked more closely at the color, I realized it looked very similar to another Infallible Shadow I have-Amber Rush (have I really reached the point where I'm actually duplicating eyeshadow colors in my stash?!) Maybe. So I decided to compare the two .  Here are some comparison pics.

(R-Amber Rush, L-Blinged and Brilliant)

(R-Amber Rush, L-Blinged and Brilliant)

(Indoors)
(Top-Blinged and Brilliant, Bottom-Amber Rush)

(Outside)
(Top-Blinged and Brilliant, Bottom-Amber Rush)

(Outside)
(Top-Blinged and Brilliant, Bottom-Amber Rush)

In the topmost pic, with Amber Rush, and Blinged and Brilliant together, they look like they're obviously different colors.  However , in my apartment, under fluorescent lighting, they looked very very similar. Amber Rush is much darker, and slightly orangey (the color of amber), and Blinged.. is much more golden (almost a rose gold, which I love!). 

 I'm not sure if all the colors in the Diamond Collection have the same finish, but Blinged and Brilliant seems to be much more metallic looking compared to the other Infallible Shadows I have.  The wear time, and quality of this shadow is the same as the others.  Nice long wear (8ish hours with minor creasing..), and definitely smudge proof.  I love this color, and if I can find a way to blend two of these shadows together, I actually think Blinged and..Brill, and Amber Rush would pair nicely together.

Overall, its a nice shadow, and its a unique enough color where I think this is worth picking up if you come across it. Has anyone else picked up anything from this collection? Let me know in the comments section.

$7.99 @ Walgreens
Bought it myself/All opinions are my own


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!