Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mini Foundation Series continues! Clinique Superbalanced Makeup!

My mini foundation series continues!  I am totally completely head over heels in *love* with this next foundation. Its Clinique's Superbalanced Makeup in Alabaster.  This was my first foray into foundation that cost more then $15 and because for me, spending $24 on a foundation was absolutely unheard of , I wanted to make sure that it was going to be something that I loved.  I'm not sure what drew me to Clinique (it mighta been all the "gifts with purchase") whatever it was,  I'm glad I went with them since I bought a foundation I truly loved (and had a good experience ..not as pushy as I thought it'd be). The makeup adviser was very nice and listened to all of my concerns (suddenly very oily skin, and perpetually pink cheeks).  After listening to my concerns, she matched me to the Superbalanced line in the color Alabaster, which at first glance (and as you'll see in the swatches below), looks much too pink for me, however ended up being a perfect match.  I chose Combination/Oily  .

Here's what Clinique says:
"The smart makeup. Liquid foundation with adjustable, oil-free coverage provides moisture and absorbs oil when and where needed. Silky upon application." source

This foundation is so silky smoooth.  Its like buttah.  I use my stippling brush to apply this, and its lovely once its on.  My skin is smooth and even, and hides just enough of my rosy cheeks so that I can actually apply blush!  It also lets my skin breath (its a thin foundation..not watery..but thin), so it doesnt make me break out.       It does a pretty good job at keeping the oil at bay, though I do need to set this with powder or else it will slide down my face.  The superbalanced line is for those with Combination skin (oily/dry).  However, they have so much to choose from there's a little something for everyone.  I keep coming back to this foundation.  It's quite awesome.

Pics and Swatch!




(swatched outdoors--swipe and blended on right)

$24 @ Clinique.com
I bought this myself-all my own opinions


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!