Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review! Maybelline's New Dream Bouncy Blush!

Hello all!  Time for another review!  I was so excited to finally get my hands on this!  It was difficult to find here in my town, and my local Walgreens hasn't gotten ANY of the new products in for almost any brand (yeah..I said it..my hometown Wag stinks!)  I digress... I happen to love blush, despite how hard it is to find some that doesn't make me look clown like.  The display I found was picked over, but I did find one that I love, so on to my review!

Maybelline's website says "Freshest flush ever: • Revolutionary gel formula provides a new bouncy texture. Lightweight like a powder, yet melts seamlessly into skin like a cream • Natural sheer wash of color that is buildable for greater color intensity• Dermatologist tested, Allergy tested • Non comedogenic"  There are ten shades total, and the color I chose was 15 Rose Petal-one of the lightest shades.







Packaging: Cute portable little dish.  I love how small it is, yet it seems packed with product.  Its got a clear top, which gives you a clear view of what you're getting.  

Color: Its a beautiful light pink.  I actually took some swatches, but it was so light it barely showed up. This is the best that would show up on my arm.

(click to enlarge)

Consistancy: Its spongy, soft, and it does give a little when you push down on the blush itself.  I like this much better compared to the hard cream blushes I've tried before.

Performance: Ok, its obvious I actually went too light when picking my blush, however, it does give a nice glow to my cheeks. Its not overloaded with shimmer so it looks natural.  It blends super easily, and does seem to melt into my skin.  It doesnt have a lot of staying power however, and seems to fade after 4hrs or so (maybe a dusting of translucent powder will help?).  I do like that the color can be built up, and this particular color seems to be mistake proof (since its on the lighter side, if you do goof a little..no one should notice..).  I like this blush so much, I'm actually going to get a darker color next (gasp!)

Overall: Even though the color I chose was too light (even for me) I do like it overall.  Its blendable, got a nice smooth texture to it, and the color can be easily built up.  I love this so much, I want to go out and get more colors.  However, it doesnt have much staying power (and that makes me sad).

--I give it-4/5 (more staying power please!)
--I bought this myself
--All opinions here are my own

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!