Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Review! Nuance Flawless Coverage Mineral Foundation

As you all can tell by now, I'm in *love* with Salma Hayek's new line of cosmetics.  So far shes batted a thousand with her eyeshadows, and lipsticks (review coming next week!).  This week I'm reviewing her Mineral foundation.



Please pardon the picture..I'm having major camara issues.  The CVS website states that the foundation is a "Demi-matte powder with mineral clays helps hide imperfections and prevent shine for a velvety-smooth finish"  The instructions on the back state to "use a brush for soft application, or a sponge for a more opaque finish".  Personally I've never used a sponge for a pressed powder (which is essentially what this is-a pressed powder foundation). 



I personally used a blush brush, kabuki brush, foundation brush and a sponge to apply this foundation, and I'm sad to say, I'm not impressed.  I didnt have an extra clean puff, but that probably would have given me better results.  I'm not sure about you, but when I hear Mineral Foundation, I assume loose.  This is pressed, which is fine.  But the coverage is extremely light.  I admit, I have freckles and such, and I embrace those..but it didnt hide even the small imperfections on my skin.  It did however prevent shine, and my face was smooth and soft.  It didnt irratate my skin, or make me break out in anyway, but it didnt do what a foundation should do..which is even out your skin tone, and give your face a clean look. 

Bottom Line:

In my opinion (and its only an opinion..) this would make an excellent pressed powder (maybe used over foundation to help set it..).  My main problem was it didnt come with an applicator, and maybe if it had,  I could have gotten better results.  However, with the 4 items I used I got barely ANY coverage at all, it didnt hide any imperfections or provide any noticable coverage.  It did prevent shine (once applied with a foundation brush..going over and over..), and my face was smooth, but it didnt live up to what it said it would do.

I give it: 2/5. 

~GiN

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!