Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review & Swatch! MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation in 113 Neutral Porcelain


So a few weeks ago, I went to the city with my cousin.  While there we stopped at Sephora.  
(To see what we did, check out my other blog here)

While there, I decided to get a foundation that truly had everything I was looking for.  Something light, easy, and would even out my skin tone.  I wanted my skin to look better, but breath at the same time.   I ended up getting matched with MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation in 113 Neutral Porcelain.








(under the sponge there's air holes to dry out the sponge if you use it wet! Nice touch MUFE)

Swatch!


The MA (makeup artist) sat me down, and said "You have such great skin already".  I had a feeling she was just stroking my ego, but whatever.  I was having a good day.  I was with Kait, and I felt fabulous already.  I was wearing powder and blush on my face so she wiped that off, and first applied a primer (MUFE HD Primer #6).  

I'll be the first to admit, I dont normally do primers, but the finish with this on top of it made me look amazing. 

So this is a powder foundation.  It's able to be used wet (for sheer coverage) or dry for a matte finish with more medium coverage.  I know that sounds backwards, but that's what they say.  I havent used this wet, but I have been using it dry since buying it, and it does a great job.  It evens out my redness in my cheeks, controls oil, and makes me look fresh and gorgeous!  I've read reviews about this oxidizing, but I havent had that issue.  

When the MA applied this, she used the sponge that came with it, however she did show me a foundation brush that MUFE makes.  It looks like this:


Looking at it, I realized immediately I had two brushes that looked similar.  

The two on the left are from Ecotools LE Kabuki set.  One's a concealer brush, and ones a contour brush (on right).  However I tried them both (along with the Ecotools Kabuki-left) to apply the foundation.  I got much fuller coverage with the kabuki on the left.  A buffing brush (like UD or a flat kabuki) would also work amazingly with this..

Overall: Great foundation!  Nice light-medium coverage.  Light on the skin, and lasts all day for me with only minor touch ups.  Well worth the money and might just have Holy Grail status..




36$ @ Sephora
.35oz

post signature

1 comment:

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!