Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blush love! Maybelline's Face Studio Master hi-light in Pink Rose (Review & Swatch!)

Nothing to Disclose


Maybelline has a new line called "Face Studio".  It contains powder blushes, cream blushes, and bronzers.
I have the New Face Studio Master Hi-Light in Pink Rose!  And I'm a fan!



What Maybelline says: "Each light-boosting blush and bronzer palette has an expert balance of 4 shades + shimmer for a natural glow.  Skin goes soft-lit with zero glitz." (source)

Pictures and Swatches!







I dig this blush!  Finally a drugstore blush that realizes we need some color!  It has to look good on the cheeks and in the pan! Amiright? When I used my Real Techniques brush with this, the color was much more diffused and sheer.  When I used a less fluffy, more compact blush brush (my Ecotools), it deposited much more color.  I was able to blend nicely no matter what brush I used.  Staying power for me was avg (around 5 hours / 7 when I wore it over foundation). 

This blush is shimmery (not disco ball, but shimmery nonetheless).   I like shimmery blushes, but if that's not for you..steer clear.  The website says you can use some of the lighter shades as a highligher.  For me, the colors are too small to get any sort of small brush into, but maybe the nude would work for that?

Overall:  I'm a fan! Finally a blush with some pigment at the drugstore! I'm excited to try coral next!


$9.99 @ Ulta/Cvs
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!