Friday, May 24, 2013

Review! Neutrogena's New Moisturesmooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon



Hello all! Quick review of Neutrogena's new Moisturesmooth Color Stick in Watermelon.

What Neutrogena says:"NEUTROGENA® MoistureSmooth Color Sticks instantly moisturize lips, while continuously conditioning them so they are softer and smoother in just 3 days with nothing on them. Made with fruit extracts along with mango and shea butter, the balm-like formula glides on easily, providing a sheer wash of moisturizing color that lasts for hours. In addition, the twist up package allows for perfect application each time – with no sharpener needed. "(source)




(blurry-but taken to try to show the glitter)

(lip swatch!)

This wasnt a win for me, however it's not a bad product. 

The Moisturesmooth Colorstick is a chubby stick along the lines of Cliniques, Covergirl's and Revlon's.  I've tried Revlon's and Covergirl's and when compared to those two, the Neutrogena one is definitely the most moisturizing of the 3.  For me, there were two turn offs.  One was the glitter.  I was surprised when I noticed it, however I could have dealt with it if it wasn't for the weird waxy taste.  I'm not sure if I just got a bad batch, or not, but to me the waxy taste was too much.  It lingers and while it kept my lips shiny and smooth, I didn't enjoy the taste of it.  

The color to me doesnt remind me of watermelon, however, I do like the color (its a "my lips but better").  I may exchange it for the same shade (maybe I got an older one?).  It lasted about 2/3 hours on me before fading to a very faint stain.

Overall: I would have enjoyed it more without the waxy taste.  If it didnt have that, then I'd love this and use it all summer. Good for those who want a sheer wash of color, with lots of shine (and some reapplying).

Has anyone else tried this? Is the waxy taste just me?

8.49@ Walgreens
.11oz
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great product! I haven't tried to this product yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I did a First Impressions video on them & I was amazed!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!