Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Review! Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush in Warm

Hello all! It's time again for another review! This time by one of my favorite drugstore brands-Physicians formula. They added two new blushes to their Happy Booster line. One is Warm (which is what I'm reviewing today) and the other is called Natural.  I was really hoping the sister blush to Warm would be Cool, but I guess Natural is ok too:)


Lets be honest here..who hasnt at least tried one Happy Booster Blush? You havent?  Well you should..theyre amazing!  The scent is amazing, and the blushes are usually very pigmented.  This just happens to be a new shade..so on to my review!

The Physicians Formula website says:

"Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin* and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.* Happy Skin is a registered   mark of Provital in Spain."


Packaging: As usual, the blush has the cute hearts, and its in the circular pink case.  the brush is hidden in the compartment underneath, along with a small mirror.  The brush is nice, but sort of useless.  A normal blush brush works fine for this.


(click to enlarge)  

Color: Even though the blush says Warm, this should work well for everyone, cool - warm-neutral, and all those inbetween.  I was quite surprised with this blush, since I found it less pigmented then the other HB blushes that I own..particularly Rose.  If you want a bit more *pop* to your cheeks, I would buy that over this.   The color itself is a nice redish pink, with a hint of peach.  I love it!  It does have a bit of a sheen, however theres no shimmer  or glitter to worry about. 

(HB Blush in Warm - indirect sunlight)


(HB Blush in Warm - direct sunlight)



Performance:  While the blush is pretty, and the color gorgeous, the wear time leaves much to be desired.  I only got about 3/4 hours before it faded..and eventually disappeared.  However, It does warm up my face, and i think this would work well on almost everyone.  I didnt experience any breakouts, or any sort of irritation..which was also great.  

Overall:  I didnt find this as pigmented as my other HB blushes.  If you want a bigger pop of color, I'd choose Rose over this.  But if you want a blush where you can build the intensity, then this is perfect for you. Even though the blush says Warm, this will work for almost everyone.  It has a nice balance of the reds, and pinks (and even a bit of peach).  I only wish it had a longer wear time.  Even over foundation I only got around 4 hours of wear before it faded (and disappeared). I probably wont reach for this everyday, but it's nice to wear to work when I only need to look nice for about 5 hrs;)


Have you tried this yet? What are your thoughts on the Happy Booster line?

I bought this myself-all opinions here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!