Saturday, November 30, 2013

Review and Swatches! Revlon Matte Balm & Lacquer Balm in Unapologetic and Coquette!

 Hello all!

I'm excited to show you all some swatches and give you my impressions of Revlon's New Colorburst Lacquer Balms, and Matte Balms.  I picked up Unapologetic (Matte) and Coquette (Balm)

These are new enough that they're not even up on the Revlon site yet! But I've seen them on various blogs, and if it popped up at my local Walgreens, then I know they must be out there (my store usually gets new products last).


Here's what Ulta says (for both the Matte and Lacquer balms): "Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm offers high shine with balm-like moisture. Infused with a Triple Butter Complex of Shea, Mango and Coconut Butter. A retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required." (source)

Who's ready for some swatches?

(Coquette top/Unapologetic bottom)

(Left: Coquette --Right: Unapologetic)

(Coquette)

(Unapologetc)


Coquette is a "my lips but better " shade.  Something nice and easy to pop on when I dont want to think tho hard.  

However, when I think of Lacquer Balm, I think of something highly pigmented and balmy.  Like a super pigmented chapstick.  For me, that's not so much what I got.  It was a nicely pigmented , but it wasnt as opaque as I would have liked (although it could have been the color I chose).  It was comfortable to wear, and the balm lasted about 3 hours on me before it wore off and left a subtle stain.  Coquette has some shimmer in it, which was nice, (and not super noticeable).  

Apologetic is a blue based magenta pink.  I love shades like this.  This again was comfortable to wear, but the balm wore off after about 3 hours before leaving a nice stain.  As you can see from my lip swatches, it settles into the lines on my lips so make sure you exfoliate! (or wear a balm underneath).  

Both of these are twist up crayon pencils..so no sharpening required!

Overall: I like these a lot!  There are a couple of other colors I'd like to try in both the lacquer and the matte.  They're comfortable to wear, and when the balm wears off  leave a nice stain.  I do need to mention they have a minty scent to them that does fade away.  But it's odd to say the least.

8.99 @ Ulta

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!