Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Blush in the Blush Series! Loreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Celestial

Hello all! Welcome to the very first post of our blush series!  I'm super excited to be doing these since I'm kind of a blush fanatic (and eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick...) lol.  


To kick off the series, Im going to talk about Loreal's new Magic Smooth Souffle blush in Celestial (try to say that 3x fast..haha).  


Loreal says "Smooth on a flush of blendable color with Magic Smooth Souffle Blush, its luxurious air-whipped souffle texture melts onto skin for seamless, weightless color.  The result is a fresh, natural all day finish" (from Loreal website).  


I love the idea of a blush melting into skin! So lets see how it turned out!





What I liked: This blush aint half bad.  The color I got was celestial which is a  medium pink color.  The color goes on dark, but as it blends in and melts, it ends up being much (much much)  lighter on the skin.  The one thing I must say with this blush (and all cream blushes) is that you need to make sure you blend well!  My hubby mentioned to me that he could see the line of blush where I applied it (opps..haha).  When I used this a second (and third time) I used my synthetic flat top brush from Sonia Kashuk to blend it out, and it looked much much better. I also love how lightweight this is, and how it melts into my skin.  Its very natural looking, and once its on, you cant even feel it on your skin. 

Swatch time!


(Swatched heavily-it looks peachy here, but its not)



What I didnt like: This blush is that its a bit difficult to build up.  Something about the texture of this, where if you put too much on, it starts to look a bit patchy, and not blend as well with whats already there.  Also I noticed that it emphasized the pores and lines on my face (not that I have much, but it was noticeable).  

Overall: If you like a sheer wash of color (and are good at blending), then I recommend this.  Its lightweight, and I loved how it melted into my skin.  Even though it didnt play nice when I tried to build it up, it did last a good 6hrs with only minor fading.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated! I love reading other peoples blogs , so blog links are allowed (though they're having a bit of an issue redirecting..wierd..) . But please..no comment spam! If you don't know if you're a blog spammer feel free to check my comment policy. Otherwise Comment away! I love conversation!